* Nutritionist, Faculty of Nutrition and Food Sciences of the University of Porto
* Member of the Portuguese Association of Nutrition
* PhD in Food Consumption and Nutrition Sciences, thesis: Determinants of food choice and food habits of elderly populations
* Publications (older adults):
- de Morais, C., Afonso, C., & Vaz de Almeida, M. D. (2017). Chapter 6 - Older People’s Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages: Social Significance and Health; In Raats, Monique and M. L. C. P. G. M. d. Groot & D. v. Asselt (Eds.), Food for the Aging Population (Second Edition) (pp. 117-144): Woodhead Publishing.
- Morais, Cecília de; Oliveira, Bruno; Afonso, Cláudia; Lumbers, M.; Raats, M.; Almeida, Maria Daniel Vaz de (2013). Nutritional risk of European elderly. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 67 Nº. 11 p. 1215-1219
- Morais, Cecília; Afonso, Claúdia; Lumbers, M.; Raats, M. (2012). From childhood to old age: a qualitative approach to the study of Portuguese elderly's perception of meals across the life cycle. Alimentação Humana, Vol. 18 Nº. 1 p. 8-18
- de Morais, C., Afonso, C., & Vaz de Almeida, M. D. (2009). 7 - Older people’s consumption of alcoholic beverages: the social significance and health implications; In Raats, Monique ; L. de Groot & van Staveren W. (Eds.) Food for the Ageing Population (pp. 128-149): Woodhead Publishing.
* Why elderly care is so important for me:
"Food and nutrition are one of the most important determinants of health and quality of life of older adults, therefore Dietitians must work to ensure adequate and safe access to food to the older populations."