We want to achieve this by:
- working together to define best practices to maintain the integrity of the profession
- promoting and facilitating the use of the nutritional/dietetic care processes, standardized languages and outcome management
- sharing norms on professional quality (competence)
- monitoring performance levels within Europe of professional practice and supporting improvement
- prioritizing areas for the development of the profession as a whole to ensure accountability and safe dietetic practice.
The PPC Mission is to support EFAD National Dietetic Associations to enhance the professional practice of its members thereby safeguarding safety and welfare of dietetic service users and building societal trust in thedietetic profession.
The tasks of the Professional Practice Committee (PPC) are linked to the three pillars of professional practice which will advance and harmonize the professional practice in dietetics throughout Europe
Professional practice concerns the way professionals apply their specific expertise to particular cases and reversely use their experiences systematically to build their expertise. Professional practices are characterized by integrity, competency and accountability.
- Dietitians in Europe are using standardized terminology and work according to a nutrition care process model and outcome management.
- All Higher Education Institutions have included a nutrition care process model and a standardized language for dietitians in their curriculum.
- National Dietetic Associations encourage and facilitate dietitians to use a nutrition care process in various practice settings.
- Dietitians have implemented a standardized language in research to enable a global collaboration.