The Voice of European Dietetics
EFAD aims to improve nutritional health and promote sustainable diets in Europe by advocating the leadership role for dietitians in collaboration with our members and stakeholders.
EFAD was established in 1978. It is a not for profit organization that does not pursue any political, religious, or financial ends.
To improve nutritional health and promote sustainable diets in Europe by advocating the leadership role for dietitians in collaboration with our members and stakeholders.
Registered Dietitians positively impact the nutritional health of clients, patients and the wider community. Every European citizen has access to safe and appropriate dietary and nutritional interventions.
Our values guide how we make decisions and define our approach to partnership and collaboration.
Our core values are: fairness, openness, nondiscrimination, collaboration and independence. EFAD expresses these in the way it conducts its business. We observe a Code of Ethics and Code of Good Practice, being:
- democratic, transparent and inclusive
- independent and ethical
- discerning and open to new ideas and approaches
- credible, objective and honest
- an effective communicator
- supportive of opportunity, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship
- respectful of the values that members hold and their capabilities
- a partner with clients, colleagues and others
- active in pursuing excellence
About our members
EFAD Membership is open to all national associations of dietitians from member states of Europe. We also welcome Higher Education Institutes worldwide that teach dietetics. Our National Dietetic Association Members represent more than 35,000 dietitians in 28 European countries. We have around 40 Education Associate Members, covering further two EU countries.