EFAD is looking for early-career dietitians and nutrition and/or dietetic students to serve as “Healthy Nutrition Ambassadors” in the HealthyW8 project: Empowering Healthy Lifestyle Behaviours. EFAD is actively involved in the project, collaborating with ENDietS (European Network of Dietetic Students, which is embedded within EFAD) to contribute their expertise in nutrition and dietetics.
Role of Healthy Nutrition Ambassadors
The Healthy Nutrition Ambassadors will create culturally sensitive recipes, improve traditional recipes, and increase nutrition literacy with support from EFAD Project Officers. They will support the EFAD Project Officers in disseminating the outcomes of the HealthyW8 project.
- Creating nutritious versions of traditional recipes complete with ingredient lists, step-by-step instructions, and estimated prep and cook times,
- Research and pitch recipes to align with holidays, initiatives, themes and seasonality, nutritional values, cooking convenience and the food culture,
- Working closely with EFAD Project officers and reporting tasks given periodically
- Promoting the project and its outcomes is to actively engage with stakeholders through various channels such as making presentations, leveraging social media platforms, and taking part in EFAD events related to the project,
- Attending meetings regularly,
- Completing the given task within the timeframe
- Studying final years of nutrition and/or dietetics (bachelor or equivalent) OR studying a master’s degree & PhD in nutrition & dietetics,
- Acquiring fundamental knowledge of cooking techniques and methods,
- Passionate for making healthy food tasty and more sustainable,
- Ability to communicate instructions and ideas effectively, both written and verbal, in English (Spoken and written English at B2 level),
- Willingness to actively contribute to the project for 1 year time, 8-15 hrs/month,
- Follows through quickly and efficiently with all tasks,
- Completed the “Sustainability in Dietetic” course in EFAD Learning Platform and familiar with PROMISS High-Protein Meal for Older Adults Recipes
Country working groups: Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain
!! We no longer accept applications for the international working group.
- A strong understanding of local and broader European taste profiles, culinary trends, and preferences and being familiar with different cuisines
- Be familiar with online meeting platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Honorary compensation for participation in EFAD-ENDietS activities: Ambassadors will receive honorary compensation, which may include reimbursement for participation in EFAD-ENDietS activities, ensuring their involvement in exclusive events and opportunities.
- Exclusive workshops from nutrition experts: Ambassadors will have the privilege of attending specialized workshops conducted by nutrition experts in the field.
- Opportunity for publication: Exceptional work by ambassadors may have the chance to be featured in EFAD publications or platforms
- Personalized support: Ambassadors will receive support and guidance from EFAD to develop their skills and successfully carry out their roles.
- Access to resources: Ambassadors will gain access to a wealth of resources, including research papers, educational materials, and publications, to stay updated on the latest developments in the field of nutrition.
- Certificate of participation: Upon successful completion of their ambassador role, participants will receive a certificate acknowledging their commitment and contributions.
To apply for the Healthy Nutrition Ambassador role in EFAD please send:
- Filled application template (download it below)
- Letter of motivation
- Names and contact details of two referees
to EFAD Communication (email@example.com) with the title of “Healthy Nutrition Ambassador”. Please mention in the email which selected country or international group you are applying to become a Healthy Nutrition Ambassador. The call is open until the 30th of November 2023, 23:59 CET.
If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.