World Diabetes day: Monday, November 14 2022
The theme for World Diabetes Day 2021-23 is Access to Diabetes Care.
- Millions of people with diabetes around the world do not have access to diabetes care.
- People with diabetes require ongoing care and support to manage their condition and avoid complications.
We cannot wait any longer for:
- Medicine, technologies, support and care to be made available to all people with diabetes that require them.
- Governments to increase investment in diabetes care and prevention.
The centenary of the discovery of insulin presents a unique opportunity to bring about meaningful change for the more than 460 million people living with diabetes and the millions more at risk.
If not now, when?
Supporting materials for the campaign are available here.
World Diabetes Day 2019
In the light of World Diabetes Day on 14 November 2019, EFAD European Specialist Dietetic Network (ESDN) for Diabetes calls on dietitians in Europe to play a key role in supporting and educating people with diabetes who are members of a family on the need to prioritise diabetes management and to achieve a health dietary plan and a healthy way of living for the whole family.
Please see EFAD’s press release below.
- Inspirational video available at the following links in English and with subtitles in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Video interview with the dietitian Haris Dimosthenopoulos, MMedSci.SRD, Lead of EFAD’s ESDN Diabetes, available in English here.
- Press release is publicly available on 14th November in the ISA website Newsroom in all mentioned languages.