EU Platform Diet Physical Activity and Health.
Go to the website The Platform was established in March 2005. The aim of the Platform is to provide a common forum at European level for all interested actors willing to enter into voluntary, yet binding and verifiable commitments that could help to halt and reverse current obesity trends. To date the Forum involves 34 members from food industry to NGOs. EFAD was a member from start and is now represented by Anne de Looy and Judith Liddell. As a member EFAD has agreed to provide yearly commitments and monitoring and also to participate in plenary meetings at regular intervals and to monitor overall progress and discuss issues. EFAD commitments
- 2005 Educate European Dietitians to meet Diet and Health Targets
- 2006 Hold the first joint workshop for Higher Education Institutions which teach dietetics and National Dietetic Associations which represent practicing dietitians.”
- 2006-2013 Dietitians Improving Education and Training Standards (DIETS)"
- 2007-2009 The dietetic contribution to health in the work place
- 2009-2015 Collaborate to promote increased awareness and use of energy balance (joint commitment with EUFIC)
- 2010-2011 Position paper on the dietetic management of obesity
- 2013-2015 Integrate behaviour change techniques and digital technology for dietitian support (joint commitment with EUFIC)
- 2015-2020 European Guidelines for Management of Obesity in Adults and Children (joint commitment with EASO)
- 2016-2020 European Dietetic Action Plan (EuDAP)
- 2017-2019 "Tip a day" (joint commitment with EUFIC)
News from the Platform: