Author(s): ISA | Publication Year: 2018
For latest factual scientific information on low calorie sweeteners, their characteristics and the evidence supporting their beneficial contribution to a balanced diet and lifestyle, please download our recently published interactive booklet entitled ‘Low calorie sweeteners: Role and benefits – A guide to the science of low calorie sweeteners’.
This resource contains information on:
- The main characteristics of low calorie sweeteners
- The safety, approval process and regulation of low calorie sweeteners
- The use of low calorie sweeteners in foods and drinks and their role in reformulation and in sugar reduction
- The effect of low calorie sweeteners on reducing energy intake and on weight management
- The impact of low calorie sweeteners on glucose control and therefore their role in the diet of people with diabetes
- How low calorie sweeteners affect oral and dental health
- The role of sweet taste in the human diet
- How low calorie sweeteners can be part of a healthy diet
‘Low Calorie Sweeteners: Role and Benefits’ is based on science, with references and contributions from internationally recognised experts.