Competition for MSc & PhD Students - Pitch your Science in 3'
ENDietS is looking for aspiring MSc and PhD nutrition/dietetics students to share their scientific work at the ENDietS Students’ Days 22-23 October 2021.
If you are a nutrition/dietetics MSc or PhD student and want to present your scientific work in an international congress, don’t waste your time and apply to Pitch your Science at ENDietS Students’ Day 2021.
You will have to send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Pitch your Science Competition + your full name”:
- The Abstract of the work you want to pitch (see instructions below)
- A resume (short CV)
- Proof of student identity or graduation
Arial 10 font bold, left-aligned, maximum 200 characters.
Arial 10 font, left-aligned, maximum 3200 characters (excluding title and spaces but including references) – please note that word counts will be checked and abstracts that do not adhere to these guidelines will be automatically rejected.
Click here to download an abstract template (Word)
The ENDietS Scientific Committee will peer-review all abstracts. The Committee will consider the quality of the abstract in terms of research quality, and originality.
Likely reasons for abstract rejection are:
- No objectives/ conclusion/ methodology
- Lack of data/ statistics/ results not clearly presented
- Non-original work (previously presented/ published)
- Original Communication unclear and confusing
- Failure to follow the instructions to authors
The ENDietS Scientific Committee may call some of the applicants to a short-lasting (15-20') interview, to get to know their piece of work better.
The 3 best Abstracts will then be called to Pitch their Science in a 3 min presentation during the Students’ Days 2021 (Day 2, October 23rd) and the audience will live vote and nominate the winning one.
Guidelines on submitting an abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted prior to the deadline – no late submissions will be accepted
- Abstracts must be sent at email@example.com, along with a resume (short CV)
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be via email by 30th September 2021.
- A maximum of one submission will be allowed per presenter due to programme limitations.
- Any conflict of interest must be declared at the end of the abstract. This process is intended to encourage transparency and integrity in decision making. COI pertains to a financial relationship for research support, consulting, employment, or non-financial interest i.e. personal relationships consulting with pharmaceutical, trade companies, manufacturers or corporations whose products or services could be related to the congress. Non-financial interests could include ideology, personal relationships, or political. Where no conflict of interest exists, the word “None” should be inserted or stated.
- 100€ Amazon Voucher,
- 13th EFAD Congress Registration Fee/ Students' Days (the fee will be fully reimbursed if already bought)
- Abstract featured in ENDietS Newsletter and Social Media
Second & Third Prizes
- 25€ Amazon Voucher
- Students' Day Registration Fee (reimbursement)
- Abstracts featured in ENDietS Newsletter and Social Media.
Apply from August 6th to September 10th, 11:59 CET
Don’t lose any time and apply now!
#dietitiansoftomorrow #bettertogether #studentssupportingstudents