EFAD is seeking a qualified and dedicated individual to serve as the Chair of the Professional Practice Committee (PPC). The Chair of the PPC will play a crucial role in advancing the profession of dietetics and contributing to EFAD’s mission.
- The Chair of the PPC must be a member of an EFAD Member Association (Full, Affiliate, or Education Associate), though they do not need to be a delegate.
- The term of office for the PPC Chair is 4 years (2023-2027).
- The Chair will also become a member of the EFAD Executive Committee.
Current PPC Focus Areas
- Communication on the use and adoption of standardized language.
- Sharing knowledge of Standardized Language (SL) and identifying collaboration opportunities.
- Raising awareness among stakeholders for the cost-effectiveness of dietitians’ work.
- DASHBOARD Report.
Qualifications and Criteria for Nominees
- A qualification in nutrition and dietetics.
- Experience and competence in the field of higher education.
- Experience in managing/chairing meetings.
- Willingness to actively contribute to the work of the Professional Practice Committee.
- Willingness to actively contribute to the work of EFAD through the Executive Committee.
Members are invited to submit nominations, including the nominee’s Curriculum Vitae, a letter of motivation outlining their expertise, a letter of recommendation from an EFAD Member National Dietetic Association or Higher Education Institute, and the names of two referees.
Deadline for Nominations
Nominations must reach the Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 30, 2023.
For detailed responsibilities and duties of EFAD Committee Chairpersons and Executive Committee Members, as well as the Terms of Reference for the Professional Practice Committee (PPC), please refer to the provided appendices below.
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the field of dietetics and contribute to EFAD’s mission. We encourage qualified individuals to consider this important role.